America Recycles Day is taking place on November 15th, and as North America's #1 Most Recycled Material it is a big day for Steel as well.
To celebrate, our friends at Keep America Beautiful have provided us with t-shirts, pins and pencils to promote the day and help spread the message before the day arrives. We don't want to keep all of this great swag ourselves (well, some of us do!) and you should get your hands on some great prizes.
There are multiple ways to win today:
1) *UPDATE* Congratulations to Tamara Boni who won our Twitter t-shirt contest on Wednesday!
2) Read the below Steel Facts and choose your favorite one. Head over to our Facebook page and comment with your favorite steel fact.
3) Comment on this blog post with how you will be celebrating America Recycles Day on November 15th and you will be eligible for additional prizes.
Wow! That's a lot of ways to win and keep the great message about recycling circulating. Good luck!
- Recycling a single steel can conserves enough energy to watch TV for an hour, make a pot of coffee or light a 60 watt light bulb for more than four hours.
- Americans use 100 million steel cans every day.
- More than 31,000 community recycling programs in North America collect steel cans.
- Steel food cans are the most recycled food package.
- More than 600 steel cans are recycled every second in the U.S.
- Steel is the most recycled material in the world. More steel is recycled annually than all other materials, including aluminum, glass, and paper combined.